Monday, November 9, 2009

DIA DE LOS MUERTOS!

When it comes to celebrating, Mexico has it down pat. Case in point: Dia De Los Muertos (Day Of The Dead). This is quickly becoming my favorite holiday. Dia De Los Muertos is an annual celebration of the dead, also referred to as All Souls Day. On this day, people come together and walk in the All Souls Procession, an incredible movement of elaborately dressed people in skeletal face paint/masks. Last night did not cease to amaze. Th end of the procession turned into a grand finale with aerialists toting balls of flame and bug-like humans on stilts waving smoke in the air to the sound of bagpipes.

I love this day, simply because it gives me an excuse to adorn myself with as much lace as I want, wear a flowered veil and dance down the street to sound of drums with all of my friends.

Here are the best photos captured throughout the evening:

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

2 comments: